Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving update

Conner is now 9 months old. He is such an active baby, I find myself having to work hard to keep up with him. He is constantly on the go and just when I think I may have gotten him to slow down and stay in one place with one toy, something else distracts him and he is immediately on the go. His best friend right now is a family dog named Molly. Molly loves squeaky toys and she loves to share them with him. She will walk over to him and drop her toys in front of him, then Molly and watch her get all excited, until she grabs the toy from him, runs away and then brings it right back. Conner still loves his walker and will chase the dogs around the house screaming at them and laughing. Sometimes we put some Cheerios on the tray for him to snack on, he gets a kick out of throwing them on the ground and watching the dogs scramble to eat them. If he is on the floor near his walker he will crawl over to it, stand up holding on to it, and run across the floor while pushing it. Last week he did that over and over again and was able to steer it around the couch.

He has 3 teeth, 2 on top and one on bottom. His favorite foods are Sweet Potatoes with Turkey, and Apples and Bananas. His taste buds are definitely changing though, and when he doesn't like something he lets you know by trying to smack the spoon out of your hand or refusing to open his mouth. Since Scott and I are both unemployed, we have both been spending a lot of time with him.

He is big enough to take a bath on his own (with supervision of course), which I have to admit actually made me sorta sad. I was telling Scotty that I needed to give Conner a bath while I was doing the dishes and the next thing I knew I could hear Conner splashing around in the bath with his rubber ducky with his dad sitting on the toilette next to the tub playing right along. That was when I realized that my days of sink baths are coming to an end, and he no longer needs me to go into the tub with him. Of course another part of me is relieved that his dad can help with a lot more of the baby duties now that Conner is a little older. Conner thinks his dad is just the funnest kid in town. I can never seem to get him to laugh as hard as he does when he is playing with Scotty. Scott will take him back into the room to play with him and I'll be able to hear the sweetest and most happy sounding laughing coming from him.

All in all he is turning out to be a pretty happy and healthy baby. I am truly Thankful this Thanksgiving for such a blessing in my life!