Monday, December 22, 2008

Conner's first hair cut

I know it's not traditional to get a baby's hair cut before they are a year old, but we made the decision to go ahead and trim Conner's hair. As you know, Conner was born with some crazy hair. Recently, all the hair around his head has fallen out and been replaced with his big boy hair which is a beautiful strawberry blond. The hair on the top of his head however has not fallen out, and keeps growing longer and longer. His top hair was naturally falling to the side of his head like a comb over, and started looking a little like a Hitler hair do. I didn't pay much attention to it, until other people started pointing it out! I started to comb his hair forward which I thought looked awesome, but whenever his blocked tear-duct would act up, the hair would get stuck in his eye... it was just too long. So, we took him to the barber shop where daddy and grandpa get their hair cut. The lady there did a pretty good job, and Conner was surprisingly good. I got him to stay still by feeding him puffs (his favorite snack). Towards the end he got a little fussy, but I am very impressed with his patience and his calm demeanor. He is really a very good little boy... most of the time! I did save the first lock of his hair to put in his baby book... which I will tackle one of these days. It amazes me how much older he looks after just one little hair cut. He is becoming such a handsome little man.

Enjoy the pictures!